Friday, July 29, 2011

Favorite Author Spotlight (2): Eoin Colfer


I have yet to read a book by Colfer that I haven't liked. Whether it's a 13-year-old criminal mastermind, a young detective, or a girl who has to help a dead man take care of his unfinished business, I fall in love with his characters every single time. His stories are well-written, have a lot of humor mixed in with some serious stuff, and show a great deal of imagination. I always look forward to reading Colfer's novels, because I know they'll be fun, suspenseful, and they'll carry a meaningful message. (Also, they're set in Ireland!)

Eoin Colfer is most well-known for his Artemis Fowl series (which is brilliant, though I haven't read the latest one), but he has also published numerous stand-alones. You can visit Colfer's webpage or follow him on Twitter.