Monday, July 11, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Mini-Challenge Day 1

Hi everyone. Once Upon a Read-a-Thon has started! How have you all been doing with it so far? I fell asleep early last night so I haven't gotten as much reading done as I planned. However, I am going to the beach tomorrow, where I will lay in the sun and read, read, read.

IB Book Blogging has posted the second mini-challenge of the day, and here it is!

Mini Challenge Question 1:
What is your favorite type of myth (Greek, Roman, Egyptian etc)?

ANSWER: My favorite type of myth is Celtic. They have everything -- trolls, giants, faeries, evil witches, etc. It's also horrific. I think all myths have their dark side, but I think Celtic is really dark. Mostly this is because instead of gods fighting with each other, it's magical creatures preying on humans which is terrifying in a wonderful way. (Yeah, I'm twisted. :P)



Mini Challenge Question 2:
What is your favorite book with some type of mythology in it?


ANSWER: One series that is really good at melding Celtic mythology with the paranormal is Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series. Of course, my favorite book from this series has also been the darkest one. Go figure. That would be book 3: Iron Kissed.




Enough blogging for now. Back to reading!