Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Blog Tour: Guest Post by Author Glenn Gamble


Hi everyone! I would like you to please welcome Glenn Gamble to the blog. Glenn is an author from Chicago, Illinois and he is promoting his new book, Bon Appétit. You can check out more about him on Goodreads or Twitter






Jim Money is Unhappy
Today, I’m going to attempt to have a civil conversation with Jim Money, main character of Bon Appetit, before these rumors get out of hand.  I already have people coming up to me and asking me if I really pay Jim in sardines and crackers.  That kinda stings—my feelings are hurt.

Glenn Gamble: Jim, I’m not very pleased with you putting out the misconception that I’m not paying you enough.

Jim Money: And I’m not pleased with you paying only a portion of a royalty on a $2.99 ebook either.

Glenn: Here we go again.

Jim: And we’re going to go again until you pay me what I’m worth.

Glenn: And what’s that?

Jim: I have infinite worth, but we can start by raising the price of Bon Appetit to a more respectable dollar amount.

Glenn: That would be?

Jim: $9.99

Glenn: I’m not doing it.

Jim: See, this is what I’m talking about Glenn.  Everyone who sees my book is going to have the impression that I’m just some cheap book character, WHICH I’M NOT.

Glenn: How many times do I have to explain this?

Jim: You need to explain it with a price change.

Glenn: I can do that, but don’t you want your story read by as many people as possible.  Don’t you want them to see how big of a star you really are?  Between me and you, I think you’re pretty damn awesome with your borderline bi-polar behavior to the fight scenes.  You’re pretty fucking awesome in the entire series.

Jim: Then why are the books so cheap?

Glenn: They’re not fucking cheap.

Jim: They’re only…

Glenn: Shut the fuck up when I’m talking Jim.  Let me explain this to you.  A dollar store toy is cheap.  Those clothes at Wal*Mart that shrink as soon as you perspire are cheap.  A shitty hamburger at McDonald’s is cheap.  My book on the other hand is not fucking cheap.

Jim: Okay Glenn, geez!  You must have had a rough day at work today.

Glenn: Fuck you!

Glenn’s books are available on Amazon Kindle http://www.amazon.com/Glenn-Gamble/e/B002BMGSVK and Barnes and Noble Nook http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Glenn-Gamble?keyword=Glenn+Gamble&store=allproducts and Smashwords http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/glenngamble and most recently in the iBookstore for all you iPhone, iPad and iPod users.