Thursday, November 10, 2011

NaNoWriMo Update #1


Things are going much better than expected! For one thing, I have a little over 23,000 words written. Not too shabby. :) I think it's going easier than I expected, because the last time I did this, I squeezed 1 week of writing (roughly 11,700 words) into 3 days. Doing a little over 1,600 words a day is no problem compared to that.

However, I am starting to feel the pressure. Before I started writing, I had a firm beginning and ending in mind. Those are now written. So now I'm getting to the parts I haven't thought through. I have some idea of how to link them together, but I didn't outline the middle part very much.

Basically, starting tomorrow, I'm going to be in uncharted territory. It's exciting and terrifying at the same time. But that's exactly what NaNoWriMo is all about, right? Ignoring fears and just putting words to paper.

Here's to another 20 days of productive writing!

How is everyone else doing with NaNoWriMo? Is it easier, harder, or about the same? Any unexpected developments? I'd love to know!