Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday News (2)





Books I've Received/Borrowed/Bought This Week:
None! I'm trying to use this time to get through what I already have. Quick! Before more show up!


Currently Reading:
The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth by Alexandra Robbins - Everyone should read this book! I feel like this should be required reading in high schools. (I would say middle school, but with all the psychology discussion, I feel like high school would be more appropriate.) It wouldn't completely fix problems that "outcasts" have in school, but I think it would definitely help among some groups. Also, it explains a lot about life. Read it!

The Stand by Stephen King - I'm getting worried for all these characters. Are they all going to die? Who is safe?! WHO?! Also, I'm never going out in public again. I can't believe how fast this plague-cold spreads!

Kushiel's Avatar by Jacqueline Carey - I just love it when clever people write books. Book 3, and I'm still amazed by how well this world is constructed using our societies and religions as frameworks. Also, Joscelin is my favorite, ever. He's just so protective, but understands that Phedre needs her independence at the same time! I love him!

Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife by Linda Berdoll - Okay, the honeymooning period is over. There's still some adult stuff, but it's not as funny as it was. I still can't get over the euphemisms put into this book. Hilarious stuff. But then it got all dark. Honestly, how many bad things have to happen to Elizabeth and Darcy? Just because they're the main characters and happily married, they have to suffer? Lame!


Upcoming Posts:
Monday: International copy for 3 e-copies of the Magic Warble by Victoria Simcox, courtesy of the author. (Be sure to enter!)
Tuesday: Book review of Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella
Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday - Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson
Thursday: Book review of Princess Lessons by Meg Cabot
Friday: Book Review of Stronghold by Melanie Rawn
Saturday: Giveaways Spotlight - providing links and info. on some giveaways going on in the blog world.