Friday, August 10, 2012
Soulless Read-Along Week 1 Discussion
Welcome to the first discussion of the Soulless read-along. Whether you're reading it now or you've read it before, feel free to join us in talking about it. This week, we are talking about Chapters 1-4.
1) What do you think of it so far? Any favorite characters? How do you like Carriger's twist on Victorian society?
2) If you lived in this world, would you want to be a supernatural (which one?), preternatural, or remain human?
3) Alexia carries a brass parasol for use as a weapon, if the need arises. Obviously, in Victorian England, you can't just walk around with weapons, but it's kind of dangerous with all the vampires and werewolves wandering around! What nondescript weapon would you choose to carry with you if you lived in this world?
4) What's up with the rover/loner disappearances? Any ideas on what's going on?
5) Lord Maccon seems to really hate Akeldalma. What do you think of the eccentric vampire?
Any other questions you'd like to add? Ask them in the comments! (I'll try to update the page as they come in.)
Answer the questions in your own post and link up, or leave the answers in the comments! My answers will go up tomorrow. :)