Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Back to the Classics Challenge Sign-Up



Alright, here's another challenge to keep me connected with blogging and the blogging world. I always tell myself that I need to read more classics, but instead of reaching for Austen or Dickens, I keep grabbing sci-fi fantasy and young adult novels. I love them! But I love classics too, and I need variety. So, here is a challenge that will count towards a personal goal as well. Win!

You can read the original rules and sign up at Sarah Reads Too Much. (Seriously, sign up! You don't have to have a blog to participate!)

 
THE CATEGORIES:

The Required Categories:

A 19th Century Classic - Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
A 20th Century Classic - Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad
A Pre-18th or 18th Century Classic - Hyperion by Friedrich Holderlin
A Classic that relates to the African-American Experience - The Color Purple by Alice Walker
A Classic Adventure - The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
A Classic that prominently features an Animal - The Wings of the Dove by Henry James

Optional Categories:

    A.  Re-read a Classic - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
   B.  A Russian Classic - Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
   C.  A Classic Non-Fiction title - A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
   D.  A Classic Children's/Young Adult title - The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum