Thursday, January 10, 2013

Team 1001 Introductory Post



For a long time now, I've been tracking my progress through what are considered "classic books" through the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die list. Happily, I found that Rachel from Resistance is Futile is hosting a sort of challenge for this list. It's not a typical yearly challenge like we generally see in book blogging, but a group that gets together in the hopes of finishing this monstrous list of books. Naturally, I don't consider this list to be the comprehensive list on classic literature, but I've enjoyed a lot of books from it and I'm obsessed with lists, so this is the perfect challenge for me! If you want to join this challenge, visit Rachel's blog and sign up!

So far, I've completed 71 books from the total 1305 that are listed in all the editions, though I am currently reading three more, so I hope to get it to 74 soon. It's hard to pick favorites, so I'll just say that most of the 19th century books are amazing -- Jane Eyre, all of Jane Austen, The Count of Monte Cristo to name a few favorites.





The more recently published ones that I enjoyed are Middlesex and Never Let Me Go.



I hope to enjoy many more!